Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve 2007









Every year we gather at my sisters house on Christmas Eve and have a big dinner of Ham, Turkey, casseroles, and all the fixings. We have our parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, and cousins. We start off by eating at 1:30 p.m. and then after we have a full belly move to the living room to open up our gifts from each other. Afterwords we fill up on dessert and packup and head off to church and then head to bed in time for Santa.

Christmas time is my favorite time of the year. I love being able to sit by the warm cozy fireplace and take time for rest and relaxation and enjoy each others company. I especially enjoy seeing the excitement and watching the twinkle in each child's eyes as they open their gifts. Wrapping paper and boxes flying everywhere and the complete and utter craziness of the kids excitement.



I feel very blessed to have such a loving, caring, and devoted family. I can't image a Christmas without my family. This year was sad without Grandpa, but I know he's up there in heaven telling his oh.... so many jokes. He was a very special man and a terrific grandpa. We love and miss you Grandpa. Merry Christmas.

No comments: