Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Craigy off to 5th Grade Camp


This morning I sent my oldest son off to 5th grade camp for three days (he's in the middle). I barely made it out of the parking lot before I started crying. I am so happy that he's going and I know he just went to camp this summer too, but it doesn't get any easier. I guess part of it is that I worry that he's going to be ok, which I know he's in good hands, and I think the other part of it that bothers me is that he's my oldest and he's growing up so so fast. I guess this really brings to reality to cherish EVERYDAY with your little ones. On a lighter note, I don't have to help with homework or studying for 3 days, except for my 2nd grader, but I think I can handle that homework (ha ha)

2 comments:

Angie said...

I hope Craig has a great time and you have peace about him and his safety while he is away. Enjoy this time with your other babies. I have a 5th grader too and the thought of him going to middle school next year brings me to tears. Where did the time go?

Brandi said...

I know what you mean! They grow up so fast. My oldest is also in fifth grade and I couldn't imagine her going away for 3 days (Sure, sometimes I'm ready to get rid of her for a night, but not 3! :)

Enjoy the time away from the homework (boy can that get stressful!)

Have fun, Craig!