Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thank you Secret Buddy and Dear Friend


Every month I'm always completely and utterly amazed at how thoughtful, gracious,and generous my secret buddy is. This month as we come to the end of Phase I of our Secret Buddy program my secret buddy has revealed herself and will no longer be able to continue on in the program. I can't explain how someone you've met over the internet through the adoption community and through the SB program has touched my heart so dearly. I feel as if I know that family personally. It's hard to explain, but the adoption community is very tight knit. We all lean on each other and know that we can voice our fears, opinions, happiness, and frustation with one another. I recently received a letter from her explaining how much she dearly enjoyed our family and being involved in the program. As I read through her letter, I realized how truly wonderful this person and their family are. You see, this family has not only endured the agony of the wait that keeps getting longer and longer for their adoption, not to mention Katrina that slowed down all their paperwork, but the worry and strength that it must take while she awaits the safe return of her husband from Iraq. I ask that each and everyone one of us take a step back and think how that at times we feel frustrated with this wait that we think how blessed we are to be home with our loved ones. I also asked that each one of us say a prayer that our troops return home safely to their families and that we can thank them for keeping us safe.

Secret Buddy, I want to personally thank you. You are truly a remarkable person and we should all gain strength from someone like you. We too are looking forward to getting to knowing your family better. I wanted to let you know that we held a special prayer on Thanksgiving Day (35 family members all prayed) for the safe return of your husband from Iraq. Your husband and your family hold a very dear and special place in our hearts. May God bless you and your family.

Many Blessings,
Lisa, Craig, Craigy, Zack, and Rylan

No comments: