Thursday, September 27, 2007

10th Month LID Anniversary



While another month has gone by and really no movement...actually extremely small baby steps forward to bring Kayla home. We're hoping to hear of more referrals in the next week or so, but rumors are that they are even smaller than what they have been. I would love to see that we are finally out of November 2005 LID's. November was such a gigantic month for LID's that I'm really hoping that once we hit December and January things will move a little faster.

This month really hits hard because this was about when we were suppose to get our referral for Kayla and then approx. 6 weeks later go to get her. When we signed up we were told it was a 10-12 month wait from LID, and then the timeframe just kept getting slower and slower. Looks like we are definitely learning to be patient with a 2-3 yr wait still ahead of us.

We'll wait....patiently? I'm really trying hard with the patience part of it, but I've got a great husband and terrific boys, so I'm blessed, but I still so deeply want to bring little sister home.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Well, I guess we can at least say we ARE moving. It could always be worse!

Even one day at a time will get us there...eventually!

Congrats on number 10!

Angie said...

Happy 10 Months!!! Just think...you will never have to wait these 10 months for Kayla again! We are getting closer even if it is at a snails pace.
I need help on the patience part too! ;)

Our Journey to Kayla said...

Brandi, Angie,

Thanks girls! You're absolutely right. One day at a time and that's 10 months I've already put behind. One more thing to be cheered up about was that August just made it thru the review room!!! Yeah!!!