Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Wait -- Years instead of months?


Today is one of the hardest days I've had to experience since we started the paperchase in July of 2006. When we began this journey we thought the wait from LID to referral would be 10-12 months. The referrals have nearly come to a screeching halt from a month, to weeks to just 2 days of referrals at a time. All this time I just keep telling myself that it can't get any worse, right? Well, I received two separate emails today. One from a newsgroup article that I belong to, and another from an email that someone sent to my agency that they had also heard about it and were questioning it also. Although, none of this has been proven yet as factual, its does make sense. The article said that the wait could be 3-4 years. If this does become true, I'm not sure what we will do. I truly feel our daughter is waiting for us in China, so at this point I can't see switching programs. All I can say is that I hope this is just speculation and that hopefully referrals will speed up again. I know that my heart and child is in China and I know that I need to be strong because some day it will be our turn to bring our Kayla home to her forever family.

No comments: